“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
SHARPEN is an intensive three-month period of growth and development for four men serving in leadership positions in children’s or youth ministry in small churches. Connection and interaction will happen primarily online via a private CMConnect Group. We will also try to meet at least once using Google Hangout.
In order to join this group, you must be,
- A man.
- Serving, either in a paid or volunteer capacity, in a church with an average weekly attendance of less than 100.
- Willing to commit to invest the time to engage in conversations with the group by responding to questions, posing additional questions and discussing your situation.
- Willing to be honest about successes and shortcomings in your own life and ministry for the betterment of the entire group.
How it works:
- We will spend three-months working together on various projects to develop yourself and your ministry.
- We will look specifically at areas such as personal priorities, ministry structure, and leadership capabilities. The group will be deemed a success only if all members can cite noticeable improvements in these areas.
- Any group member can ask a question or give an answer. This is not an “ask an expert” project, and the group will work best as we all learn from one another.
- There is no formal curriculum, but I recommend reading Stretch by Jim Wideman as a part of this experience.
- It begins July 15, 2012 and runs through October 14, 2012 though the relationships you form are likely to last much longer than that.