Here is another episode of the Kidmin1124 Radio Show. In this episode we discussed training and equipping volunteers.
Panelists: Wayne Stocks, Jared Massey, Doug Olson, Barbara Graves
Some great thoughts from the show:
- Training casts vision, equips the volunteers and sets expectations
- Question: Besides meetings how do we train. Answer: One on one is best
- Volunteers need to be called to a higher standard
- Stress the why over the what
- Begin and end with your vision and pepper the whole thing with it
- Give something to remember a training nugget. When you train on a topic, give something tangible to remember.