Why Limited Budgets Can Be Good for Your Family Experience
Orange Conference 2013
“A family experience is a shared experience for families designed to engage parents as partners, with a strategy to shape the faith and character of their kids that serves as a catalyst for what happens at home.” Reggie Joiner
It all starts with vision…why FX?
Communicate to leadership and staff how your FX will help to flesh out the vision of your church
Who are the 5 most influential families in your church?
Who are your potential core leaders?
Leverage influence…identify kids and students who will serve on your team
Strategic Community Partners
Create partnerships with local businesses whose values are in line with yours…family, community, etc.
Develop a promotion/marketing strategy. Social media is a must
Make a list of business owners within your congregation and create a win-win
Ask for donations “You do not have because you do not ask.” James 4:2
- Had a local restaurant donate an iPad and they got to make the presentation of it to the winner.
- Creative story about giving away a widget for “Wisdom.” Called a local dentist, the dentist provided stress ball wisdom teeth with their logo on them at no cost to the church.
Top Ten Budget Saving Ideas
- Free marketing techniques: press releases, tickets, invitation cards, paint car windows, Facebook, website
- Free widgets and give-aways
- Free and low cost set design options
- Free costumes and props (get donations from church community)
- Generate income through snack bars and novelty sales
- Scripts, Feature presentation, and Get Reel videos from 252 Basics
- Technical equipment
- Collections for local non-profits create community presence (charge an “admission” of an item for the food pantry or something similar)
- Music: amberskyrecords.com
- Recruit to a bold vision