There is currently a pretty big showdown of kidmin blogs happening at ministry-to-children.com. I wrote a plea asking for your votes to help me get out or round one last week. Honestly, I didn’t expect it to happen. Needless to say, I am more than thrilled about advancing to round two and the opportunity to get even greater exposure to this blog, which I believe can be a great resource for those serving in smaller churches and smaller towns. I especially want to thank those of you who allowed me to post comments on your blog soliciting votes from your readers and those of you who tweeted out to your followers asking for votes for me. I am humbled by the support of many kidmin all stars whom I admire greatly.
All that being said, round two is underway and I wanted to let you know the reasons you should vote for Small Town Kidmin.
If Small Town Kidmin advances to round three…
1. 999 Trillion years will be added to the lifecycle of the sun
2. Any asteroids scheduled to hit the Earth this year causing mass destruction (think Armaggedeon or it’s unpopular and unpretty little sister Deep Impact) will be disintegrated and will no longer be a threat to civilization
3. The world will not come to an end on December 21, 2012. I’ve already struck a deal with the Mayans to ensure this.
4. All of the world’s puppies will become even cuter, thus saving many of them from shelters
5. Dolphins will sing a beautiful song of victory (must be near an ocean to hear this)
6. Angels will sing a similar song (must be in heaven to hear this)
7. North America will see the largest moon in twenty years and it will be called a supermoon (this one was given in advance, just to let you know I’m serious about this)
9. My little boy will grow up knowing what an iPad is
10. Even more people will click on the link to Small Town Kidmin to see what it’s all about and be encouraged and inspired to give their very best into their ministry, no matter what size it is (my favorite)